Information for Entrants and Judges
Technical Communication Competition
Competition News: 8 August 2016
Deadline: Friday, 28 October 2016, 7 p.m. Eastern Time
The 2016-2017 STC WDCB Summit Competition for Technical Communication is now open!
- Judge Applications are being accepted through 3 November 2016.
- Schedules for Entrants and Judges
- Download the Summit Competition Announcement flyer (.pdf)—to post at work or hand out to friends and co-workers.
Become a Sponsor
You can be a competition sponsor by donating to help pay for meeting location space, awards celebration expenses, help a student attend the awards celebration, defray the cost to send a BOS entry to the STC international competition, and so on. Read about our Partnership and Sponsorship program. Donate to the competition using PayPal—click the PayPal Donate button.
Please consider participating this year in the chapter's Summit Competition for Technical Communication. By participating in the competition, you can
- Enter your best work to receive valuable feedback from professionals in the field and potential awards
- Volunteer to judge and evaluate entries with your peers
Answers for Your Questions
- What is technical communication? See What Does the Competition Consider Technical Communication?
- Entering the competition? See the Call for Entries.
- Where are the forms I need to enter the competition?
- What address do I send my entries to? See Competition Delivery Instructions.
- Category descriptions? See Competition Categories.
- Competition fees? See Competition Fees and Payment.
- Interested in judging the competition? See Judges.
- Interested in working on the Competition Committee? See Competition Committee Roles and Responsibilities.
- Where are the additional award certificate order forms? See Additional Award Certificates and Mementos to download the order forms.
- Want to see winners from previous years? See Competition Winners.
- How do I let others know about the competition? Send them the PDF of our Summit Competition Announcement flyer (.pdf).
- Where do I go if my question isn't answered here? See the FAQ.
All net proceeds from the competition will help fund the chapter's operating expenses and memorial tributes.
What's New This Year?
Changes to Categories
New subcategories have been added to some categories and subcategory descriptions have been updated.
Changes for International Entries
All Distinguished-award level winners in the WDCB competition will be sent to the STC International Summit Awards (ISA) competition by the chapter. We have raised our entry fees to better cover the cost of submission to the ISA. The competition manager will ensure that these entries get sent on.
Note: Winners of the Excellence-level award may send their entries on to the ISA, but will need to fill out the paperwork and pay the fees themselves. If you think your entry to our competition is capable of going to the international level, be sure to reserve an additional four (4) copies of your entry to send to the international competition in the Spring.
Entries that are submitted to the STC International Summit Awards must:
- Adhere to the STC International Summit Awards guidelines.
- Be submitted using the online STC International Summit Awards Submission Form.
Entries that are received at the STC Office will be disqualified.
Entries received without a completed STC ISA submission form will be disqualified.
For the International Summit Awards (ISA) rules and guidelines, download the PDF for the STC ISA General Information and Rules.