Information for Entrants and Judges
Technical Communication Competition
Competition News: 12 September 2017
Deadline: Saturday, 18 November 2017, 7 p.m. Eastern Time
The 2017-2018 STC WDCB Technical Communication Competition
is now OPEN!
- Judge Applications are being accepted through 30 November 2017.
- Schedules for Entrants and Judges
- Download the Summit Competition Announcement flyer (.pdf)—to post at work or hand out to friends and co-workers.
Become a Sponsor
You can be a competition sponsor by donating to help pay for meeting location space, awards celebration expenses, help a student attend the awards celebration, defray the cost to send a BOS entry to the STC international competition, and so on. Read about our Partnership and Sponsorship program. Donate to the competition using PayPal—click the PayPal Donate button.
Please consider participating this year in the chapter's Technical Communication Competition. By participating in the competition, you can
- Enter your best work to receive valuable feedback from professionals in the field and potential awards
- Volunteer to judge and evaluate entries with your peers
Answers for Your Questions
- What is technical communication? See What Does the Competition Consider Technical Communication?
- Is there a list of all STC chapters holding a competition this year? See Other STC Chapter Competitions.
- Entering the competition? See the Call for Entries.
- Where are the forms I need to enter the competition?
- What address do I send my entries to? See Competition Delivery Instructions.
- Category descriptions? See Competition Categories.
- Competition fees? See Competition Fees and Payment.
- Interested in judging the competition? See Judges.
- Interested in working on the Competition Committee? See Competition Committee Roles and Responsibilities.
- Where are the additional award certificate order forms? See Additional Award Certificates and Mementos to download the order forms.
- Want to see winners from previous years? See Competition Winners.
- How do I let others know about the competition? Send them the PDF of our Summit Competition Announcement flyer (.pdf).
- Where do I go if my question isn't answered here? See the FAQ.
All net proceeds from the competition will help fund the chapter's operating expenses and memorial tributes.
What's New This Year?
No International Summit Awards (ISA) Competition in 2018
The STC International Summit Awards (ISA) competition will not take place in 2018. Therefore, winners of the 2017-2018 STC WDCB Technical Communication Competition will not move on to another competition.
Because STC is not holding the International Summit Awards (ISA) competition this year, we are able to lower the entry fees for our competition!
- STC WDCB Member: $100 per entry
- STC Member of another community: $125 per entry
- Non-STC member: $150 per entry
- Full-Time Student: $75 per entry