Information for Entrants and Judges
STC Alliance Competition
Competition News: 8 March 2020
Deadline: has passed
The consensus judging is over and the competition manager is in the process of sending out award notice letters.
You're invited to join the entrants and judges with their manager, colleagues, and family at the STC Alliance Competition Awards Celebration. Watch our Events & News website for details about the awards celebration.
Along with dinner and the awards presentation, there will be an exhibition of the winning entries and networking.
Become a Sponsor
You can be a competition sponsor by donating to help pay for meeting location space, awards celebration expenses, help a student attend the awards celebration, and so on. Read about our Partnership and Sponsorship program. Donate to the competition using PayPal—click the PayPal Donate button.
Please consider participating in the 2020-2021 STC Alliance Competition. By participating in the competition, you can
- Enter your best work to receive valuable feedback from professionals in the field and potential awards
- Volunteer to judge and evaluate entries with your peers
Answers for Your Questions
- What is technical communication? See What Does the Competition Consider Technical Communication?
- Is there a list of all STC chapters holding a competition this year? See Other STC Chapter Competitions.
- Entering the competition? See the STC Alliance Competition Call for Entries.
- Where are the forms I need to enter the competition? See the STC Alliance Competition Submission form.
- What address do I send my entries to? See How do I submit an entry?
- Category descriptions? See the list of STC Alliance Competition Categories.
- Competition fees? See the STC Alliance Competition website.
- Interested in judging the competition? See the Call for Judges. (Please note that you must use the Google Chrome browser to complete and submit the judging form.)
- Want to see our winners from previous years? See Competition Winners.
- Where do I go if my question isn't answered here? See the Competition Frequently Asked Questions page.
All net proceeds from the competition will help fund the chapter's operating expenses and memorial tributes.
What's New This Year?
The WDCB began holding a Technical Communication Competition in 1962 and continued to sponsor one through 2018. Beginning in 2019, the WDCB will not be sponsoring our own Technical Communication Competition. WDCB joined forces with the STC Alliance Competition. This endeavor entails a collaboration with the STC chapters in Atlanta, New England, New York, Philadelphia, Rochester, and South-Central Texas.