Information for Entrants and Judges
STC WDCB Technical Communication Competition
Competition News: 2 December 2018
Deadline: has passed
The 2018-2019 WDCB Technical Communication Competition deadline has passed. The Entries Pick-Up and Judges' Training Day was held on 1 December. Judges have been trained, have met or been introduced to their fellow judges and their team's lead judge, and have picked up their packets of entries for judging and evaluation. The competition judging is underway.
Become a Sponsor
You can be a competition sponsor by donating to help pay for meeting location space, awards celebration expenses, help a student attend the awards celebration, and so on. Read about our Partnership and Sponsorship program. Donate to the competition using PayPal—click the PayPal Donate button.
Please consider participating in the chapter's 2019-2020 Technical Communication Competition. By participating in the competition, you can
- Enter your best work to receive valuable feedback from professionals in the field and potential awards
- Volunteer to judge and evaluate entries with your peers
Answers for Your Questions
- What is technical communication? See What Does the Competition Consider Technical Communication?
- Is there a list of all STC chapters holding a competition this year? See Other STC Chapter Competitions.
- Entering the competition? See the Call for Entries.
- Where are the forms I need to enter the competition?
The entry forms are no longer available for this year.
- What address do I send my entries to? See Competition Delivery Instructions.
- Category descriptions? See Competition Categories.
- Competition fees? See Competition Fees and Payment.
- Interested in judging the competition? See the Call for Judges.
- Interested in working on the Competition Committee? See Competition Committee Roles and Responsibilities.
- Where are the additional award certificate order forms? See Additional Award Certificates and Mementos to download the order forms.
- Want to see winners from previous years? See Competition Winners.
- Where do I go if my question isn't answered here? See the FAQ.
All net proceeds from the competition will help fund the chapter's operating expenses and memorial tributes.
What's New This Year?
We are making it easier to volunteer for judging in the competition. After reading the Call for Judges, provide your contact information in this short form for the judging recruiter to contact you: I’m Interested in Judging in the Competition.
If you are a returning judge, we won’t ask you to fill out the long judge application form. We’ll update our contact information for you using the information in the short form. If you are a new volunteer, we will ask you to fill out the longer Judging Application form to let us know your judging experience and what device platforms and browser / software applications you have for judging the entries.
No International Summit Awards (ISA) Competition in 2019
The STC International Summit Awards (ISA) competition will not take place in 2019. Therefore, winners of the 2018-2019 STC WDCB Technical Communication Competition will not move on to another competition.