Information for Entrants and Judges
STC Alliance Competition
Competition News: 29 November 2019
Deadline: Friday, 6 December 2019, 6 p.m. Eastern Time
You still have one week left. The deadline to deliver your entries for the 2019-2020 STC Alliance Competition is in 7 days!.
- Call for Entries
- Volunteer to be a judge. See the Call for Judges for more details
- Submit the Judge Information form. (Please note that you must use the Google Chrome browser to complete and submit the judging form.) Judge Applications are being accepted through Monday, 2 December 2019.
- Schedule for Entrants and Judges
Become a Sponsor
You can be a competition sponsor by donating to help pay for meeting location space, awards celebration expenses, help a student attend the awards celebration, and so on. Read about our Partnership and Sponsorship program. Donate to the competition using PayPal—click the PayPal Donate button.
Please consider participating in the 2019-2020 STC Alliance Competition. By participating in the competition, you can
- Enter your best work to receive valuable feedback from professionals in the field and potential awards
- Volunteer to judge and evaluate entries with your peers
Answers for Your Questions
- What is technical communication? See What Does the Competition Consider Technical Communication?
- Is there a list of all STC chapters holding a competition this year? See Other STC Chapter Competitions.
- Entering the competition? See the STC Alliance Competition Call for Entries.
- Where are the forms I need to enter the competition? See the STC Alliance Competition Submission form.
- What address do I send my entries to? See How do I submit an entry?
- Category descriptions? See the list of STC Alliance Competition Categories.
- Competition fees? See the STC Alliance Competition website.
- Interested in judging the competition? See the Call for Judges. (Please note that you must use the Google Chrome browser to complete and submit the judging form.)
- Want to see our winners from previous years? See Competition Winners.
All net proceeds from the competition will help fund the chapter's operating expenses and memorial tributes.
What's New This Year?
The WDCB began holding a Technical Communication Competition in 1962 and continued to sponsor one through 2018. Beginning in 2019, the WDCB will not be sponsoring our own Technical Communication Competition. WDCB joined forces with the STC Alliance Competition. This endeavor entails a collaboration with the STC chapters in Atlanta, New England, New York, Philadelphia, Rochester, and South-Central Texas.