The WDCB Chapter is a proud member of the STC Alliance.
Information for Entrants and Judges
STC Alliance Competition
Competition News: 5 January 2021
Deadline: Friday, 15 January 2021, 6 p.m. Eastern Time
You have 10 days left to deliver your entries for the 2020-2021 STC Alliance Competition!
- Call for Entries
- There is still time to volunteer to be a judge. Submit the Judge Information form to apply. (Please note that you must use the Google Chrome browser to complete and submit the judging form.)
- Schedule for Entrants and Judges
Become a Sponsor
You can be a competition sponsor by donating to help pay for meeting location space, awards celebration expenses, help a student attend the awards celebration, and so on. Read about our Partnership and Sponsorship program. Donate to the competition using PayPal—click the PayPal Donate button.
Please consider participating in the 2020-2021 STC Alliance Competition. By participating in the competition, you can
- Enter your best work to receive valuable feedback from professionals in the field and potential awards
- Volunteer to judge and evaluate entries with your peers
Answers for Your Questions
- What is technical communication? See What Does the Competition Consider Technical Communication?
- Is there a list of all STC chapters holding a competition this year? See Other STC Chapter Competitions.
- Entering the competition? See the STC Alliance Competition Call for Entries.
- Where are the forms I need to enter the competition? See the STC Alliance Competition Submission form.
- What address do I send my entries to? See How do I submit an entry?
- Category descriptions? See the list of STC Alliance Competition Categories.
- Competition fees? See the STC Alliance Competition website.
- Interested in judging the competition? See the Call for Judges. (Please note that you must use the Google Chrome browser to complete and submit the judging form.)
- Want to see our winners from previous years? See the Competition Winners page..
- Where do I go if my question isn't answered here? See the Competition Frequently Asked Questions page.
All net proceeds from the competition will help fund the chapter's operating expenses and memorial tributes.
What's New This Year?
The WDCB began holding a Technical Communication Competition in 1962 and continued to sponsor one through 2018. Beginning in 2019, WDCB joined forces with the STC Alliance Competition. For 2020-2021 this endeavor entails a collaboration with the STC chapters in Atlanta, New England, New York, Rochester, and South-Central Texas.