The WDCB Chapter is a proud member of the STC Alliance.
Information for Entrants
On this page:
What Are the Award Criteria?
The award descriptions are as follows:
- Merit—Consistently meets high standards in most areas. There may be a number of major or minor flaws, but the entry still exemplifies proficient technical communication.
- Excellence—Consistently meets high standards in all areas. There may be a single major flaw and a few minor flaws. The entry clearly, though slightly imperfectly, exemplifies an exceptional understanding of technical communication principles.
- Distinguished—Clearly superior in all areas. There are no major flaws, and few, if any, minor flaws. It is an outstanding example of technical communication principles.
- Best of Show—Distinguished entries nominated for Best of Show candidates exhibit the ideal for their category. They are not judged against each other; they are judged solely against established standards for their respective documentation type. The entry that comes closest to the ideal for its category is the Best of Show.
Downloading Award Badges, Buttons, and Ribbons
You may download award badges to display on your website, press releases, and publications from the following archives. The graphics are available in several file formats to identify your entry as award-winning.
- STC Alliance Competition Award Badges
- WDCB Competition Award Badges
- STC International Summit Award Ribbons
Ordering Award Certificates and Mementos
If your entry receives a Merit, Excellence, or Distinguished award, then you receive up to three (3) free award certificates, one for each contributor for the entry. If you have more than three contributors, extra certificates are available for purchase for $15.00 USD.
If your entry receives Best of Show, then you receive one Best of Show (BOS) memento in addition to 3 free framed award certificates. Additional BOS mementos are available for purchase for $75.00 USD.